[attempting] a serious post

so, obviously I'm still awake.  I decided to map where my dad lives again.  I hadn't realized how close he lives to the water (LI sound); it just seemed like generic CT to me.  Shows how much I know!  His town is right on the water and right across the water from Montauk.  There is a direct, 1-hour ferry between Montauk and New London.  When we were in Montauk in July, I finally realized how it was closer to New England than anywhere else (mind blown).  Now this adds a whole new level of Montauk weirdness.  The fact that my mom and I always had a special connection to the place, etc.  Probably doesn't mean anything...but it's hard to wrap my head around.  Also, Montauk becomes a legit quasi-halfway spot where we could meet for the first time.  Part of my hesitation to go forward with this has been the lack of a "neutral" spot to meet.  And wouldn't it be nice, by the beach?  Of course, this is all fantasy right now.

QED
For scale

Obligatory humorous section of post.

Comments

  1. on a completely unrelated note...the tunewiki feature of spotify is genius. i'm starting to come around to spotify in spite of myself

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to say something serious, and will eventually once the coffee has processed, but in the meantime I can't help but think that this has the makings of a New Wave film. Just think about the way you could depict the journey from urban to seaside town, the expectant waiting of the girl, the eventual meeting (and in this case, likely disappointment), and her return.

    ReplyDelete
  3. why is it likely disappointment? i feel like it's 50/50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I didn't mean that as a veiled judgment of your situation. I meant that if someone like Rohmer, Fellini, etc were to make that film, I feel like the character would experience a massive disillusionment and loss of innocence at the meeting - not that that is what will/would happen in real life. But I also don;t know much about film.

      Delete

Post a Comment

What's your damage?